＜Entry Level Recruitment (Challenger)＞
- What are the application requirements for entry-level candidates with no prior experience (Challenger Recruitment)?
- Those who are under 29 years of age and possess none or less than 3 years career experience in the game industry are eligible to apply. There are no restrictions regarding gender, academic background or nationality.
- How do I apply?
- Please apply from the Challenger Recruitment page. For details, refer to the 「How to apply」section located at the bottom part of the Entry Level page.
- What is the selection process like?
- Document screenings are done shortly after receiving an application. Upon passing the document screening, applicants will be required to undergo 2~3 interviews, after which the job offer will be made.
- Where are the company recruitment briefings held?
- Briefings are held in Tokyo, Sapporo, Sendai, Niigata, Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima and Fukuoka (As of 2017). Locations and dates will be announced through Rikunabi 2018. Interested applicants can make reservations through Rikunabi 2018.
- Can I reapply if I was rejected previously?
- Yes. There are no limits on the number of times you can apply. However, it will be necessary to submit new portfolios and documents when reapplying.
- Can I change my hiring date?
- Yes. All prospective employees who pass the application will be issued a “Challenger Passport (CP).” One of the benefits granted by the CP is the ability to your hiring year to any year within 2 years of the originally scheduled hiring date. Candidates can choose between the two designated company joining months, either April or October. For more details, refer to the 「Benefits」 section located at the middle part of the Entry Level page.
- If I decline the job offer, can I apply again if I ever decide to switch jobs?
- Yes, there is no problem with applying again after declining an offer. All prospective candidates who pass the applications will be issued a “Challenger Passport (CP)”. One of the benefits granted by the CP is the guarantee of an interview with Manager-level executives without the need for any document screenings, if you are replying after previously declining a job offer. For more details, refer to the 「Benefits」section located at the middle part of the Entry Level page.
＜Mid Level / Senior Level Recruitment (Journeyman)＞
- What are the requirements for Mid-Level/Senior Level applicants?
- Anyone who possesses working experience in the game industry is eligible to apply. (irrespective of number of years of experience). There are no restrictions regarding age, gender, academic background or nationality. ※Applicants who possess less than 3 years of career experience in the game industry can also apply via the Challenger recruitment.
- How do I apply?
- Please apply from the following pages according to your preferred Position and Location.
Application Page for Creative-type Positions (Tokyo)
Application Page for Management Positions
Application Page for Creative-type Positions (Sapporo)
- What is the selection process like?
- Document screenings are done shortly after receiving an application. Upon passing the document screening, applicants will be required to undergo 2 to 3 interviews, after which the job offer will be made.
＜Other Frequently Asked Questions＞
- Can I take a tour of the company?
- We can arrange company tours. Please send inquiries to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you offer internships?
- We plan to. Notifications will be posted on our corporate site when we do.
- Is it possible for contract employees to become full-time employees?
- Depending on ability, work behavior, and performance, full-time employment can be considered.
- Can interview dates and times be arranged for after working hours, or on the weekends?
- Interviews after working hours can be arranged (latest starting time at 8.30 pm). We do not conduct interviews on weekends.
- I want to attend the interview but will my travelling expenses be reimbursed?
- We’re sorry, but we do not provide travelling allowances for candidates from the Kanto region who attend interviews. Candidates from rural areas will have their first round of interviews conducted via Skype, and Shinkansen or flight ticket expenses will be reimbursed for the second round of interviews.
- Do you have a fixed recruitment schedule or period?
- No. All job openings currently listed on our corporate site are available.
- Will my application documents or portfolios be returned?
- Application documents or portfolios will not be returned. We will dispose of them responsibly. We thank you for your understanding.
- How long does the selection process take?
- Document screenings are done shortly after receiving an application, and applicants will be notified of results via email. Upon passing the document screening applicants will be required to undergo 2 to 3 interviews, after which the job offer will be made in around 2 to 3 weeks.
- Is it possible to meet with any Amata employees who are alumni of my school?
- We can be arrange meetings with current employees. Please contact us at : email@example.com
- How are my assigned positions and projects decided after I am hired?
- Assignments are decided based on compatibility and experience/skill, as well as project status etc.
- Is it an easy environment for women to work in?
- Policies regarding pre-/post-maternity leave and parental leave are laid out to create an environment which allows for sustainable employment. The ratio between male and females is approximately 4:1, but there is absolutely no gender discrimination. Talented employees can utilize their skills to the fullest, irrespective of gender.
- What are the Smartphone Purchase Subsidization and the Phone Plan Allowance?
- The Smartphone Purchase Subsidization is a system which subsidizes the purchase of a smartphone (once per year, up to ¥50,000), and is designed to encourage employee familiarization with the latest smartphones. The Phone Plan allowance system is a system that subsidizes mobile phone or smartphone data plans, up to ¥,5,000 per month.
- What is the Housing Allowance?
- For employees who rent accommodation situated within 2 station stops from the station nearest to the company, ¥30,000 per month or ¥10,000 per month (¥15,000 or ¥5,000 in the case of Sapporo) will be subsidized towards rent (Subsidy amounts will vary according to rent).
※If you have any further questions, please contact us here.